Store Location: Digby
The seasonal merchandiser, under the direction of the store manager, is responsible for keeping the retail floor appealing, organized and current. The merchandiser will sort through clothing bins, return unwanted items and keep the clothing racks organized. In addition, the merchandiser is a second cashier, distributes the hourly clothing drops and assists with cleaning duties. This position requires an approachable customer-oriented attitude, an interest in fashion and strong sense of urgency.
· Maintain retail floor organization and cleanliness during shift
· Regularly check dressing rooms for items to be rehung and returned to proper place
· Assist the manager in merchandising, changing tables and floor organization.
· Perform quality checks on clothing, looking for: stains, holes, or low-quality items and remove from retail floor.
· Stay informed of current promotions, fundraising efforts and contests
· Provide exceptional customer service by assisting customers in locating items and answering questions
· Keep dressing rooms swept, mirrors smudge free and alert manager of maintenance concerns
· Monitor return rack and put items back before the rack gets full
· Carrying clothing and distribute clothes in the proper location on the sales floor
· Sort through bins and return items to the proper place
· Assist in cleaning the washrooms every hour on the hour
· Weekly cleaning of the store including mopping, sweeping, wiping and vacuuming
· Assistance with back-up cash relief, covering breaks and possibly being scheduled as a cashier
· Team members may be required to perform other job-related functions as requested by manager
· Flexible work schedule
· Ability to adapt to change quickly
· Confident and approachable
· Experience working as cashier or with clothing merchandising
· Interested in fashion and knowledge of brand-name